Buy property in Wedding
A successful mix of styles
Gründerzeit buildings & more recent towers from the 70s & 80s are neighbors in this district.
Regarding its proximity with the city center and the quality of its Altbaus, Wedding stays affordable.
Wedding is definitely one of the greener areas of the city thanks to its public parks Schillerpark, Humboldthain & Rehberge.
Receive per e-mail our portfolio of apartments for sale in Wedding and construction projects in progress under 48h:
Why buying a property in Wedding?
Formerly perceived as a lower-class area, Wedding has grown in popularity when prices went up in Mitte & Prenzlauer Berg. A cosmopolite & artsy atmosphere is there at every turn between well-maintained Gründerzeit buildings and more recent Neubaus. The local neighborhood life is defined by exotic shops and restaurants right next to more traditional Kneipen & specialized boutiques. Weddingd is connected to rest of the city and to Hamburg thanks to the Gesundbrunnen station. It also boasts the beautiful parks of Humboldthain, Schillerpark & Rehberge, making Wedding one of the greener areas of Berlin.
Rental investment in Wedding
With an average price around € 2,900, Wedding seems to offer great deals in a large european capital such as Berlin. It is however recommended to double-check the state of buildings being sold to avoid investment nightmares, even though the area has a lot of great quality Altbau buildings.
Buying a property to live in Wedding
Wedding has many wide avenues, a lot of old buildings in good condition since the area was less impacted by bombings during the second world-war. The 2 main streets Müllerstraße & Schulstraße hide quieter side streets, typical of that neighborhood. To live in Wedding also means living next to green areas and next to the Panke, one of the few rivers running in Berlin apart from the Spree.
Important sites in Wedding:
- The Panke river is going through Wedding, along which one can find old public baths (Luisenbad), an old factory where artists have residence today, and a small islands filled with bushes and trees within the city;
- Leopoldplatz, a true multicultural center, night & day;
- The Afrikanische Viertel & its architecture defined by the design of worker housing districts from the 1920-30s, together with the Siedlung Schillerpark, a UNESCO heritage site;
- Le Schillerpark & Volkspark Rehberge & Humboldthain, very nice for a stroll or a pique-nique in the summer;
- Big streets like Müllerstraße should be avoided. It would be wise to go for side-streets instead.
Our English-German real estate agency is at your disposal to help you find the right apartment in Wedding: